2022 Recital Basics - Springfield
[This is OLD, 2022 information that will be updated when get closer to Recital] See your Class Content Page for 2023 information.
- Perfect Pointe holds 2 separate recitals that day which will each be under 90 minutes in length. See the recital handout on your class content page (accessible through your Parent Portal) for which of the two recitals your class is in.
- Call time for dancers will be 30 minutes in advance and they must stay for the whole recital even if your dance is towards the beginning of the show, as all classes participate in the final curtain call together.
- Each Pre-school, Dance Combo, Hip Hop & Tumble, Level 1 and Level 2 class will have one or two designated backstage helpers for the dress rehearsal and for the recital. If you would like to be a backstage helper, we will ask for volunteers closer to the show. It takes many hands to put together a show of this magnitude so we greatly appreciate any and all volunteers! Please note that in order to keep things safe and organized, only designated staff and volunteers will be allowed in the “green room” or backstage areas during the show. You will sign your dancer in at their call time and out after the curtain call, and we will take great care of them in the interim while you enjoy the show!
- See the recital handout on your class content page (accessible through your Parent Portal) for your dress rehearsal day and time.
- Please arrive a few minutes early, in costume with hair a and in costume or leave enough time to change when you arrive so that you/your dancer are ready to go onstage at that time.
- All students MUST be at the dress rehearsal in order to perform in the show. NO EXCEPTIONS. Students need this opportunity to get comfortable dancing in their costume, get familiar with the big stage, get their jitters out, etc. This rule will be strictly enforced to be fair to all who make the commitment.
- Dress rehearsal is broken into small chunks so most classes will have not need to be there for more than an hour or so, many less than that, to run through their dance(s) on stage.
- The all-inclusive pricing model for recital includes your costume, with all accessories and tights, the production fee covering technical production fees including your keepsake video download, and a recital t-shirt with all students’ names on the back. We are excited to continue offering you the convenience and cost savings of an all-inclusive recital package this year.
- The cost of your all-inclusive recital package is just $130 for Pre-School, Dance Combo Age 5&6 and Hip Hop & Tumble classes, $140 for level 1 & 2 classes, and $150 for level 3+ and Dance Combo Age 6&7 classes.
- Students in more than 1 class receive a $50 discount on additional classes after their first.
- Siblings receive a $25 discount on their first class.
- Your recital package will be charged automatically on December 1st for all students regardless if you are paying by monthly installment or if you have paid in full, unless you do not have a card on file. If you do not have a card on file with us, please call to make payment or bring a check no later than the 6th. If you have a card on file but would like to pay a different way or if you need us to split your recital fee into two payments – December and March, you must let us know PRIOR to December 1st.
- Everything will be included with your costume except proper shoes. If you do not have the appropriate dress code shoes yet, make sure you get them soon. Students will not be allowed to perform without proper dress code shoes.
- Costumes are non-refundable once ordered.
- Costumes are ordered carefully based on student measurements and growing room factored in, but occasionally costumes still do not fit perfectly when they arrive. Any necessary adjustments are your ultimate responsibility. We can advise you on how to perform minor alterations like hemming pants and shortening or letting out straps or help you pin things.