We are so excited to get back in the studio for another great year with our dancers and musicians! As always, the safety of our students, staff members, and families is priority number one. As such, and in accordance with state, local, and CDC guidelines, we have developed the following studio policies and procedures to address safety concerns surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Screening Protocol:
Employees, students, and customers should assess themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending the studio each time. Employees and customers should ask themselves: “YES or NO, am I experiencing or have I recently experienced any of the following:”
• A new fever (100.4°F or higher) or a sense of having a fever/chills?
• A new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• A new sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• New muscle aches and/or fatigue (myalgia) that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
• New congestion or runny nose that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
• Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
• New loss of taste or smell?
• Been in close contact in the last 10 days with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19, and not yet received a negative COVID test?
If an employee or customer answers YES to any of the screening questions, they must stay home and not report to the studio.
In the case of teacher illness or inability to attend the studio in-person, an appropriate sub will be provided or the class will be taught via zoom. In the case of student illness or inability to attend, the class may be attended via Zoom* and/or they may utilize standard make-up policies once they are well.
In addition, anyone who has specific risk factors for COVID-19 complications or lives with someone who has specific risk factors for COVID-19, including but not limited to asthma, chronic kidney disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes, hemoglobin disorders, is immunocompromised, liver disease, age 65+, serious heart conditions, or severe obesity, may wish to stay home or use additional caution.
Virtual Options: Any student/family who does not feel comfortable attending the studio in person may attend any or all classes or lessons via Zoom*, utilizing our easy and professional hybrid studio system, accessible through your Jack Rabbit Parent Portal. Please reach out if you need help getting set up with virtual classes or lessons.
*Creative Movers, Pre-School Classes and Performance Company Rehearsals are being offered in-person only at this time to provide the best experience for all participants.
IN-STUDIO SAFETY PROCEDURES:
MASKING: Masks are OPTIONAL at this time for all students, family members, guests and visitors. All Perfect Pointe staff will remain masked at this time.
VENTILATION: HEPA air purifiers with level 13 filters have been installed in all studios and the main lobbies. In addition, doors are propped open as much as possible to further enhance airflow.
SANITIZING: Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed in all studios and lobbies. All staff, students, family members, guests, and visitors are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the studio. In addition, high-touch surfaces throughout the studio are cleaned and sanitized between every class.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: - Lobbies are open at this time but students/families are encouraged to use the online Parent Portal for registration and payment needs or call the desk to register/make payments whenever possible to limit the need to come into the studio. You may also utilize our online Boutique (accessible from the studio Facebook pages and studio website) for all dancewear, music accessories, studio spirit wear, and more! We are open regular hours for in-person service as needed.
- Class sizes are capped appropriately to avoid overcrowding.
- In-person music lessons have been moved out of the smaller music studios and into the largest studio and multi-purpose room to allow for easier social distancing and more airflow.
- Children’s Program Classes (Pre-School, Dance Combo, Hip Hop & Tumble) will enter the studio by one door and exit by the other to promote smooth traffic flow and avoid crowding at exit/entry points. Signage has been posted to direct students and parents re: drop-off and pick-up locations.
Lastly, Perfect Pointe is strongly urging everyone to get vaccinated and boosted as you are eligible! You can search for available appointments near you for your FREE vaccine here. Find community-based free testing sites here.
We are continuing to carefully monitor the COVID-19 situation in our community and will adjust these guidelines as necessary and appropriate. If you have specific questions, please reach out!